The moon has acne scars and she is still beautiful, so….
Having acne at any age is pretty traumatizing. From having the occasional pimple here and there to developing severe, cystic acne, hormonal acne or adult acne, it can make you avoid mirrors or cover your face any chance you get. We have all suffered from some sort of acne in our lives, but there are some of us who literally can’t remember having clear skin.
You mean there is a world where I wake up and have smooth, pimple-free skin? Who knew!?
Those who are lucky enough to not suffer from acne, know that us zit warriors have tried everything under the sun to clear our skin. From DIY mud masks, Proactiv, birth control, face steamers, washing our face, not washing our face, etc.
At some point, you just have to accept that your skin is your skin and no matter how hard you try, your body just has to do its thing.
But, where makeup if it makes you feel more confident, or don’t wear makeup if you don’t want to. Surround yourself in a judgment free zone when it comes to your skin.
I know what you’re thinking – yeah, it sucks. But, there are so many people out there who relate to the struggle. No Karen, you can’t relate to the struggle if you got that ONE pimple that ONE time on your lip after kissing some random guy at a party.
So, now we can all agree that acne at any age sucks. But, we can find ways to laugh about it, right? Take a look at these funny, relatable acne quotes about pimples and acne memes that you can use for your instagram captions so you don’t have to worry about facetuning your zits off. Because whatever.
1. When your acne overstays its welcome
“Dear pimples, if you’re going to live on my face, I need to see some rent.” – Unknown
2. Some people are just, so ignorant
“Pretty sure everyone that came over last night asked me what was on the side of my face as if they’ve never seen a zit before.” – Colton Blakley on Twitter
3. The STRESS is REAL
“I think I’m developing stress acne and it is stressing me out so much which is NOT GOOD.” – Evan Edinger on Twitter
4. When the quote hits too close to home
“Acne is not something that is physically debilitating; It’s more so emotionally debilitating.” – Lindsey from Byrdie
5. Some people are just rude and you have to learn to deal with it when you have acne
“If someone makes rude remarks about your acne, say “Too bad you can’t photo shop your ugly personality.” – Unknown
6. We all know we shouldn’t pop our pimples, but we just can’t help it
“To heal a wound, you need to stop touching it.” – Unknown
7. Yes, Susan, I wash my face … twice a day actually
“I hate when people without acne just assume you don’t wash your face…”Just wash your face” they say…It’s not that easy!!” – Unknown
8. You are just too powerful and God needed to tone you down a bit with some pimples
“God gave me good looks and a wild personality he said this girl is too good I gotta balance her out with some occasional acne.” – Paigey F Baby on Twitter
9. When you decide to go out with no makeup on because your skin is finally (not actually) clear
When your skin is finally clearing up and you get a lil too confident and then your acne comes back.” – Unknown
10. Yes, I am aware there are red dots all over my face, thanks
“Yes, I have bad skin. No, you don’t need to point it out to me.” – Unknown
11. When people tell you that you’ll outgrow your acne, they’re lying
“Ok hormonal acne. You can leave now. I’m 30. This sh*t is no longer funny.” – Unknown
12. We respect and appreciate the moon more than the sun, tbh
“The moon has acne scars and she is still beautiful, so.” – Unknown
13. Kylie just came out with her new skincare line, so I have to buy the whole range
“It’s not hoarding if its skincare.” – Unknown
14. When you make a DIY honey toothpaste mask and pray you wake up with glowing skin
‘Healthy skin doesn’t happen overnight.” – Unknown
15. What you tell yourself when your on your tenth Sephora purchase of the week
“Happiness is a habit. So is your skincare.” – Unknown
16. I love you, Selena Gomez, but where are your pimples?
“Can we get more people with acne in the media. I’m tired of seeing perfect skin.” – Unknown
17. Birth control is for way more than not getting pregnant, Bob. Grow up
“Yes, I take birth control pills. No, not so I can have all the time.” – Unknown
18. Yeah, so I might not consider myself old till I’m in my grave
“I’ll consider myself old when I stop getting pimples.” – Unknown
19. If your acne only comes during that time of the month, you learn to really hate that time of the month
“Periods are red. I’m feeling blue. Screw your hormones. Mother nature, I hate you.” – Unknown
20. When someone tells you your acne can only be cured by eating raw spinach and nothing else
“It seems that for many the cure to acne is at the end of their fork, not in a prescription pad.” – Mark E. Hyman
21. Getting ready to out to the club like…
“If I have to draw attention away from some hormone-induced acne on my chin, I put on a lot of mascara.” – Olivia Wilde
22. Sometimes the mind is more powerful than the sebaceous gland
“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” – Tina Fey
23. Let’s be honest, we have all had to cancel plans because of a zit before
“Yes, I understand it’s bad timing, but if you could SEE the size of the zit on my nose, you’d agree that calling in sick was my only option.” – Bianca on Twitter
24. Sometimes, you have to embrace your flaws
“I have a zit on my double chin what a time to be alive.” – Christine Sydelko on Twitter
25. When will it be our time to shine?
“Is acne hot yet? I’m patiently waiting in the wings.” – Steve Dutzy on Twitter
26. When he adds you back and asks for a selfie
*Strategically places SnapChat text box over acne* – Nick Parker on Twitter
27. I knew I should have chopped my hair when Taylor Swift did it
“Having short hair really allows my jawline acne to shine.” – Maisie Maupin on Twitter
28. If I don’t clear my skin up and grow wings, I’m going to be pissed
“Why does my body keep producing acne why can’t it focus on more important things like growing wings or making me hot.” – Unknown
29. Dreams really do come true
“Miracles are like pimples, because once you start looking for them, you find more than you ever dreamed you’d see.” – Daniel Handler
30. When you finally clear your skin and want to go back to where it all began. The motherland. The home of fast food
“Where do you go to celebrate finally getting rid of your acne I’m heading to Taco Bell and I feel like that’s wrong.” – Unknown
Carlie Fox is a writer who writes about love, relationships, self-care, spirituality and astrology.